The Jefferson Education Exchange is currently seeking a full-time Operations Coordinator. The Operations Coordinator works closely with the CEO, as well as the organization’s research and national engagement teams to provide administrative support for all Jefferson Education Exchange projects. This role entails managing back-office operations for this small, agile non-profit organization.
Reliability, curiosity, and excellent attention to detail are essential, as are modeling and maintaining high-performance standards and performance expectations.
This is a full-time virtual position with a flexible location, although proximity to the Washington, D.C. area is preferred. Since March 2020, the entire Jefferson Education Exchange staff has worked virtually, and team members are expected to be available during typical office hours in Eastern Standard Time, with some flexibility available.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send (1) a cover letter specifically addressing the stated responsibilities and qualifications below and (2) a resume to email@example.com, with the subject line: Operations Coordinator. Relocation support is not available for this position. Emails that do not include “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line will not be reviewed.
- Manage organization-wide operations. Possible tasks include:
- File documents and maintain document management (using Google Drive)
- Send, open, and process mail; enter bills into an online system for approval and payment
- Open and process organizational email
- Manage organizational calendar
- Process/track payments for consultants and vendors
- Manage organization’s subscriptions
- Facilitate scheduling, travel, and logistics for meetings and events
- Provide front-line engagement with vendors and stakeholders via phone and email
- Coordinate equipment and supplies for organization
- Work with contracted (e.g. event planner, graphic designer, research assistants) individuals as needed to coordinate projects
- Provide administrative support to maintain workflow for CEO, The EdTech Genome Project and other field research initiatives
- Manage Salesforce and Outlook data entry and organization of databases
- Monitor analytics and pull data reports from Mailchimp and social media platforms
- Publish provided content to social media and to our website using our content tool
- Provide excellent customer service and a welcoming, supportive, and respectful work environment
- Highly organized
- Minimum of 2+ years of related experience
- Tech savvy with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; Google Drive, Docs, Slides, and Sheets; comfortable with project management tools (e.g., Slack, Nozbe, Salesforce), and social media
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail
- Personable and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with confidential and sensitive information
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Able to work independently and in a fast paced environment
- Able to work typical east coast office hours