The Jefferson Education Exchange is currently seeking a full-time Research Project Coordinator.
The Research Project Coordinator works closely with the organization’s research and national engagement teams to manage, monitor, and provide administrative support for all Jefferson Education Exchange projects. This includes providing direct support and coordination for original field research, as well as The EdTech Genome Project, a sector-wide initiative that is working towards publishing a major report about the first phase of its work at the end of the calendar year.
This is a full-time virtual position with a flexible location, although proximity to the Washington, D.C. area is preferred. Since March 2020, the entire Jefferson Education Exchange staff has worked virtually, and team members are expected to be available during typical office hours in Eastern Standard Time, with some flexibility available. Once the COVID crisis is over, the position may require 10% travel to support field research engagements at schools nationwide.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send (1) a cover letter specifically addressing the stated responsibilities and qualifications and (2) a resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Research Project Coordinator. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Relocation support is not available for this position.
- Lead and manage multiple ongoing research projects. Possible tasks include:
- Revise (or create) workflow systems and procedures by monitoring and analyzing project tasks and data to determine need for implementation changes
- Provide administrative support as needed to maintain workflow
- Maintain and monitor research plans and research activity schedules
- Organize and participate in project meetings
- Document project tasks and any changes
- Follow up on key action items (e.g. survey response rates, Tango eGiftcard integration, troubleshooting access issues)
- Communicate with research partners as needed
- Coordinate resources and equipment
- Work with contracted (e.g., event planner) and part-time (e.g., research assistants) employees as needed to coordinate projects
- Support research assistants with data management as needed
- Manage administrative coordination of The EdTech Genome Project. Responsibilities include:
- Document and resource management
- Timeline management
- Communication with stakeholders and participants in the initiative
- Planning and execution for field events with associated data collection to engage educators and stakeholders in partnership with sponsoring organizations (e.g., symposiums, workshops)
- Supporting planning and execution of virtual and in-person stakeholder convenings
- Organize meeting materials and information about projects (e.g., create project management calendar to fulfill goals and objectives)
- Contribute to grant-related efforts. Possible tasks include:
- Conducting background research to support grant concepts
- Providing updates on success of project tasks, using project data as evidence
- Writing description about completed projects or tasks within projects
- Bachelor or Master degree in liberal arts, organizational science, education research, or related field and entry level experience in project coordination
- Demonstrated ability in project management from conception to delivery to include quality assurance checks
- Desirable: Demonstrated ability in research project management
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Experience in designing and carrying out logistics for events (e.g., workshops or symposia) for educator audiences (task analysis, materials, organizing calendars)
- Ability to collaborate with staff and partners while accommodating multiple project demands and organizational priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to foster collaborative and productive relationships among staff and external organizations and funders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly with a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of file management and administrative systems and procedures
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Outlook) and GSuite (e.g., Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms)
- Desirable: Competence in Qualtrics survey software, Stata analysis software, Dedoose analysis software, Box